Thursday, December 16, 2010

Discombobulated



What comes to your mind when you first see this picture? A colorful array of defined blur layers... fuzzy happy jolly intoxicated people. Too pretty, too vague, too much happening all at once. Exactly a year ago, I asked myself a question silently, are you happy now? to which I couldn't give a proper answer.

And funnily, I'm posting the same question to myself this very quiet night, 10 days away from Christmas. Truth be told, I've mature quite a fare bit this year, probably the result of one too many transitions within a short period of time. Graduating from uni was a big step for starters, especially when it was such an easy fun three years. Speaking about moving out of comfort zones, I was thrown into a whole new life in the USA for five months, experiencing freedom and independence. Now, I'm in the latest phase of my life, the working chapter. Somewhere in the middle was another phase of craziness, which I'm glad is phasing out.

Looking back, I used to be easily contented, easily amused, and less complicated. Today, I weigh every single detail before seeking contentment, show a very unamused face to things I used to get excited over, complicate every thing in every way possible. Heck, I even think twice before I write each sentence here...

What I'm really trying to say is I'm still discombobulated, in a certain way. Work now eats up most of my time, whilst the remaining hours are spent squeezing in dinner dates and running errands. Still surprise how I can always find time for the latest episode of Gossip Girl, and also currently my new addiction, that korean series titled "you're beautiful". I guess there are my little escapades from reality even though it means sacrificing sleep time. Now if only I can find the time to submit my credit card application and threading brows which I've put away for quite a bit..

At the very least it's December, my favourite month of the year! With Christmas and New Year's around the corner, it's very hard to resist a smile curving up my cheeks at the very thought of it. Throw in wonderful things like passing my CPA paper, a cheery email from Minnesota, work slowly picking up... and all the other things that God put his hands into, being discombobulated is not that bad just yet.. I just need to really sit down and think through some major things, and to constantly meet my own expectations. Think of the bigger picture in life, girl.

Meanwhile, I don't want to lose my casual writing skills to business writing!! So I shall attempt to write more here for balance. Also, not to throw myself at only work, but maintaining relationships and harbored dreams. That said, one of my most favouritest! people on planet earth is back in the country, and so are a few others.. so I shall go for merry meet ups over tea and coffee and champagne and wine and ice cream. Oh, and also looking forward to my little pony gift from Secret Santa! (still quite easily amused afterall) (;

and... just in case I go mia till after Christmas, have yourself a merry little Christmas! Warm your hearts with wonderful carols, spend quality time with people you love, hug someone who needs it, buy a gift for someone who can't afford to buy you one in return, and lastly, don't forget the real meaning behind Christmas..


with all my love,
Feliz Navidad!!! <3


No comments: