Friday, April 19, 2013

Monday Runs


For the past 20 years of my life, I've never taken fitness seriously. Things started to change sometime last year, where I decided to start healthy living, for several obvious reasons. So I joined a gym, and started going for group classes, which were fun and effective.

It was going all fine, until I noticed that some of the classes were so packed! I hardly had comfortable spacing to move around freely without worrying that I would accidentally kick someone (during body combat). So I decided to get on the treadmill and just jog / run.

Ok, yes, I admit I used to have bad stamina, and I used to hate running. So the first 10 minutes on the treadmill  running at the speed of 8, I was out of breath. I wanted to give up, call it a night and just head home to the comfort of my bed. But somehow, I managed to continue running on for 40 minutes, and that's when I experience the runners high. OMG I felt so good after the run!

So I inserted a new routine in my weekly schedule, to run every Monday.The end goal would be to able to comfortably run 21km by the end of this year. Gonna be tracking myself to work towards it!

No comments: