Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Western Australia, in words.



Second week of uni. More specifically, the second week of my last semester in Monash, to which I will be graduating thereafter. and as if time isn't flying at a crazy fast pace already, I'm swamped with a million to-dos and uni workload. Sigh, but the short span of winter break was good, managed to catch up with quality time with people, forget about the worries of the world and enjoy a relaxing holidays in Western Australia, a much needed breakaway. I'm already missing that place loads. Most of the pictures here are already up on fb, but here's little notes about that quaint laid back city...

The ambitious us decided to stretch the holidays as much as we can, for an 8 day trip, we travelled closed to 2000km, route from Perth-Yanchep-Lancelin-Swan River-Fremantle-Bunbury-Busselton-Margaret River-Pemberton-Albany-Perth. Crazy one heck of a road trip. (:


hot chocolate accompanied with ham and cheese croissant
Probably one of the most enjoyable thing I loved about Australia is the large amount of cafes with heavenly smelling coffee and warm toasty pastries. I have a weak spot for coffee, cafes, and bite-size delights, so you can probably imagine me happily sipping away coffee on the streets of cold chilly Perth. :]



Yanchep National Park and King's Park. Grass!! (:
I love my family. I really do. For the sacrifices, the tears and the joy they endured with me. For picking up the pieces I accidentally left behind, for teaching me the important values in life, for bearing with me, for reminding me who I really am deep down... gracias.


Fremantle's Cicerello's
Before I left for Perth, almost everyone who've been/staying/studying in Perth reminded me endlessly about this particular fish and chip restaurant, apparently known to serve the best fish and chips ever. No doubt, having the best fish and chips meal beside the harbour is really cool, with endless seagulls flying around, albeit the chill you get up your spine every time the wind blows. Brr. [Btw, the fish and chips are indeed good, in comparison with the other competitors over there, cuz we've managed to try Kaili's too, which was a tad bit oily.]

"Spiderman"
Fremantle market boast an array of thingamagics happening all at the very same time. There were buskers, face painting, pubs and live bands, people cooking up scrumptious delights like that bratwurst sausage mmm, fresh fruits and bagels, more invigorating coffee, boomerangs , massages (yes I kid you not) and really, it's bustling with activities.


Wine Tasting...
.. at wineries along Margaret River and Swan River.


Oggies Ice Creamery
is ♥.




Old Shanghai
We were wandering around James St. on the first night looking for decent food, and came across this particular restaurant, to which serves awesome lasagne, and asian food. Might not be the best, but well, tourists are tourists. :p


Greek Style Lamb Sausage with black pepper
Since the lodge we were staying in had cooking facilities we decided to cook breakfast during our one night stay in Margaret River. Ok mainly because I loved grocery shopping over in Aussie, and we were craving for bull's eye. So before you start pointing the finger that I can't cook for nuts, although to a certain degree it makes sense, the sausage looks gross because the dad and sis smartly sliced the sausage open while the instructions on the label said, do not slice the sausage to ensure it remains juicy. Such brilliance. Tsk.


Swan Bells


Busselton Jetty stretch so long from the shore. Too bad it was under maintenance, we had to settle midway instead of walking to the very end.



"If you use the P.A. system you must speak with a fake accent"
Haha, I wished I've had the guts to use the P.A. system, and note the cute pink handcuffs just below it. (: Backpackers, so unique, so colorful with happy shiny sun picture painted on the wall, and free internet, a hundred thousand movies to choose from, and ps2 with guitar hero to play. So.cool.right.



Hogs Breath Cafe
Pork Ribs, to which 4 out of 4 pigs agree! (:
I can't help agreeing with the pigs!



Jewel Cave


The Gloucester Tree
Standing 75m tall, pegged with steel rods and no harness whatsoever, my sis and I made it the very top in the freezing cold weather! Ok I don't have the fear of height but my sister, haha, was so funny during the climb down.


Simmo's icecream is yums. ♥♥♥


Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse
I look like I'm smiling silly in the photo, but yea, who wouldn't smile to clear cloudless sky, cool breeze in a foreign country?



Wind Farm at dusk

The scenery down south gets better the more we travel. The above picture is a shot at the Wind Farm. We were rather reluctant to pay it a visit at first due to time constraint, but luckily we did, the view, was so awesome. In my little mind, I recall strong gusts of wind, gigantic wind turbines, and the beauty of sunset.


The Gap
Total breathtaking view.
Totally worth the drive down to Albany.


Dead whale on cable beach
Such a pity, sigh. ):


"take a peek at the inside of a human heart, not just the exterior beauty,
and you'll be surprised at your findings...
"


Candy Cow!
Painted pink in colour, the sweet smelling shop is filled with candies, candies and cow soft toys. Sigh, this is where happiness lies. Fudge, candies, gummies, cows.


Corica's apple strudel
messy, but absolutely delicious.
Ok it was also recommended as one of the must try in Perth. (:
and it was also good to have met up with weny and yobi at Perth over pizza.
and walking the streets of Perth waiting for yobi's grand arrival.


London Court
.. to which I grew an affinity with. I loved that street. Someday, I will visit London.


(;
Now I long for a beach escapade...

1 comment:

Ju said...

Miami/South Beach escapade!! ;)