Saturday, June 29, 2013

Feel this moment

Taking a breather from completing my seemingly impossible work deadlines. Time has been flying a little too fast this year, can't quite adapt to the fact that we're moving into the second half of 2013 already. 

2013 has been comfortable so far. I've learned that as much as I detest a routined life, my body appreciates the routine. I now have better sleeping hours, better eating habits, an exercise routine and have massively cut down on binge drinking. Being more selective at what I do, better control of time. I reckon if I were to ask any of my colleagues, they'll prolly agree that my lifestyle has taken a noticeably change, no more labeled the 'party girl'. 

I guess in many ways, the younger me would have thought my current lifestyle as boring. But what surprises me the most, is how I'm happier, somewhat contented (yea, I don't believe in being contented in life, because it fuels complacency), and more driven to achieve personal life goals. Perhaps the happy-go-lucky me is letting the goal-getter me take reign for a bit. 

Responsibilities aside, I still had lots of fun being young! Not much of a life documenter nowadays, but thanks to social media and smartphones there are snippets here and there. So, here's glimpses of what I've been up to in 2013.. 


Spent labour day atop a helicopter pad, sipping cocktails watching the sunset. My memories sometimes fail me, and I barely have recollections of special moments, like this one. Got to write these down and count my blessings, to remind myself that I live a blessed life and I should quit ranting / complaining. 

+++++++++++

Inevitably, we all have to work.
Like I said, it has been a pretty comfortable 2013, even work wise. Yes, there are bound to be bad days, but at least there are the good days, and two cute company to brighten up my bad days. :p

 ++++++++++++++++

Recently spent quite a bit of time playing board games at Meeples. So spoilt for choice when picking a game for the night. The above game is power station, think people in accountancy / finance would find this game entertaining, so much budgeting involved. Tsk. I love Saboteur more! It's much simpler and engaging!

++++++++++++++++

Simple date night at Ikea.
Gorge down 20 meatballs and a plate of fried chicken wings.
Man, those chicken wings are to-die-for. Very delicious.

++++++++++++++

Ee Mey won us free tickets to Sticks, Stones and Broken bones @ PJLA.
It was a one man show, and this guy has brilliant body coordination.

+++++++++++++++

The ever famous Lau Sa Pao at Jing Xuan Dim Sum.
Nope, I don't eat these lau sa paos, nor do I eat all kinds of pao (with the exception of those stuffed with meat filling) but I would happily pop siew mai and har gaos in my mouth.

++++++++++++++++


On crappy work days, a good dinner salvages the day.
Gotta love the salmon sashimis from Rakuzen, thick cut, decently fresh.
Bottomless green tea to rant about work day, and make plans for weekends. 

++++++++++++++++++++

Ahh, and on Fridays, tapas and wine! 

+++++++++++++++++++

Whipped this up one random Sunday night. Spiral pasta with shrimps, chicken slices, mushrooms and sundried tomatoes. Sprinkled with all herbs found in my kitchen - oregano, basil, rosemary. Stir fried together with lots and lots of garlic.

I reckon I should spend more time in the kitchen. It has a therapeutic effect on me.

++++++++++++++++

Ever since Z got me hooked on this game, we have been spending too much time on this sunk cost game. My best loot so far from one of the attacks!
#clashofclans

+++++++++++++++++++

Caught The Drums live in KL!

++++++++++++++++++

More food! Steamboat on rainy nights.
Friend staying in the vicinity of Old Klang Road recommended Coco steamboat to me, and it was so good I brought the family and the bf on separate occasions to try this. Think what attracted so many patrons is their very delicious milky pork bone soup, plus fresh ingredients to pair.

Must try the stuffed pork balls. SO GOOD.
++++++++++++++

Catch up session with colleagues at the newest cafe in Bangsar.

+++++++++++++++++++

With the girls at Wei Sern & Jaymee's wedding.

++++++++++++++++++++

Short escapade to Krabi!
We spent so much time sleeping / resting, rejuvenating self from the hectic city life.
This is us sunbathing at one of the random islands when island-hopping.

Divine tom yum at random restaurant.
They were so generous with the serving! 

Went kayaking at the mangroves too!

+++++++++++++++++++++

Nerdy weekends with nerdy bf.

++++++++++++++++++++++++



"Abang, bagi teh tarik kaw, kaw, kaw ok?"
"OK."

Haha I was pleasantly surprised when the order came. Proof that he actually take my request into consideration. Had good teh tarik catching up with high school friends in the end. An actuary, three accountants, an engineer and a doctor. All grown up. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Went for random hikes. 
This one was at Apek Hill.

Pine tree trail @ Cameron Highlands
So good to hike in cooling climate!
Can't wait for the day I visit the national parks in US.


Heineken x Zecora at the peak of Bukit Kutu
My crazy friends decided it was cool to enjoy ice cold beer whilst enjoying the spectacular hilltop view, which in theory, sounds perfect. In practise though, it is crazy to carry so much weight for a 8 hour hike. Tsk, still got to salute Peter for being awesome like that.

Look at their happy contented faces!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Coffee and cake sesh at Artisan Roast. They say your closest friends would always be the ones you make during your student days. These friends are the ones I am always comfortable with. 

++++++++++++++++++++
More coffee conversations at CSHH, Singapore
When separated geographically with your best friend, catch up sessions are precious time to update each other about what we have been up to.

 One of the very few pictures we took in Universal Studios. 
Brought out the child in us everytime we visit theme parks.  

Was introduced to Bak Chor Mee by the bf. Egg noodles with minced pork, pork ball, pork innards, wan tan and salted fish in vinegar infused sauce. I had mine non spicy and I liked it.

Laneway Fest!
So happy to see King of Convenience perform live. (:
Came back two tones darker because of the scorching sun.

+++++++++++++++++++

Made a pact with Wae Lern that we will catch up once a month. Still ongoing!

Belated birthday treat.
Till today I can remember how good the squid ink pasta and wagyu beef were.
Cooked to perfection.

+++++++++++++++++
OOTD 
Top - Random shop from Singapore
Shorts - Cotton On
Bag - Sister's

and this missy here is officially a doctor.
crazy happy for her. (:

++++++++++++++++++

Bestie with her man!

..and us at Ippudo Sg.

+++++++++++++++++++++


(: My adventure buddy, never a dull moment with you!
Looking forward to more upcoming adventures. 

+++++++++++++++++++


I love how thoughtful my bf is. (:

+++++++++++++++++++++

Valentines' at Rils.
Utterly spoilt by him.


Looking back, 2013 has been fantabulous so far.
Shall look forward to brighten and fill the remaining of my 2013 with more memorable moments! 
At the same time, count my blessings. (:

Running of for dinner date with a girl friend now! 
Adios!

1 comment:

gulagula said...

OMG I thought that Tous Les Jour photo you instagrammed was when you were in Korea! Oh I'm so excited it's in Malaysia. Must visit this weekend! :))